If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida, caused by the fault of another, our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Brandon personal injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. We have decades of experience fighting for injured people and their families.
Brandon FL Motorcycle Accidents
It has been estimated that motorcycle accidents occur almost 40 times higher than other motor vehicles. Many motorcycle accidents result in significant injuries to the motorcycle operator due to the exposed nature of the driver and the fact that they come in contact with large objects. In the most serious motorcycle accident cases the motorcycle operator will unfortunately die.
Contrary to popular belief, most motorcycle accidents do not occur at high rates of speed. In fact, it has been estimated that the average speed in a motorcycle accident is less than 30 mph. A great number of motorcycle accidents occur as a result of the other motor vehicle driver either not seeing the motorcyclist, distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, negligence, reckless driving, or an overall lack of proper driving.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accident Cases
There are many different reasons and circumstances that cause Connecticut motorcycle accidents. Some of the more common causes of Bridgeport motorcycle accidents could include the following:
- The other driver does not see the motorcyclist
- The other driver fails to yield the right-of-way to the motorcycle
- The other vehicle makes a left-hand turn in front of the motorcyclist
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
What you Should do After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been injured in a CT motorcycle accident then there are a number of things which you should do to help increase the value of your case which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Call 911 and tell the police officer why the other driver was at fault
- Be taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital if you have been injured in any way
- Gather information at the scene of the accident which would include taking pictures of the vehicles, the accident site, and any and all other photographic evidence which can help your attorney develop your motorcycle accident case
- Contact one of our Brandon personal injury lawyers so that you find out what you should be doing and what you should not be doing
- Follow-up and get care from a doctor
- Do not give any statements to the insurance company unless and until you first get the advice of one of our Brandon personal injury lawyers